BDG Architects has a need for a talented and motivated individual to join our team as a Full-Time Accounting Assistant to work in our downtown Tampa office as part of the Administrative Support Team. In this position the employee will be involved with a variety of accounting support functions and will report directly to the Controller, while closely supporting our Accounting Associates.
Roles and Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Full-Cycle Accounts Payable to include invoice data entry, GL account coding, payment selection, check printing, assembly of backup paperwork
- Identify, research and resolve invoice variances
- Approve and process employee expense reports
- Process incoming client payments
- Routine and Ad-Hoc Reporting
- Maintain Organized Filing System
- Perform basic clerical tasks such as filing, scanning, etc.
- Assist with various accounting and administrative duties based on the firm’s current established processes
Desired Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Minimum educational requirement – high school diploma
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a professional office environment
- Accounts Payable experience: 1 year minimum
- Ability to read and write in English
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Ability to accurately analyze data and effectively communicate information to others that is concise, accurate, and appropriate to receiving party
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and basic Excel spreadsheets)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Must conduct themselves in a professional manner and display a “spirit of teamwork” and cooperation
- Values accuracy and thoroughness in all work with strict and careful attention to detail
BDG Architects offers a comprehensive benefit package with options for health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, paid parking and the ability to participate in a 401K program. We also offer paid holidays and paid personal time off. Located in the heart of Downtown Tampa, our office is walkable to museums, Curtis Hixon Park, the Riverwalk, Straz Performing Arts Center and many unique restaurants, parks and activities. Additionally, car detailing, dry cleaning and a complimentary fitness center are among the amenities available to employees at our building. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest and a resume via email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.