BDG Architects has an opening for a talented, creative, and motivated Project Architect to work with our Interior Design Studio. This is a full-time position that will be based out of our downtown Birmingham office. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited architecture program. A minimum of 7-10 years of experience is required. Project types will include Workplace, Multi-Family and Hospitality.
Roles and Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Be responsible for project management to ensure projects are completed on time, are within budget, of high quality and fulfill client expectations.
- Manage and oversee work of project team and provide direction and organization. Coordinate between project team, clients, vendors, contractors, consultants, and building and permitting officials.
- Ensure efficient project delivery and quality from programming through project closeout.
- Function as primary client contact for specific projects, ensure client development and satisfaction and assist to secure ongoing work.
- Supervise and manage work of project team members to provide direction, organization, and quality control reviews.
- Manage and assist with work on all phases of various projects including design development, preparation of presentation drawings and specifications, design review, coordination and correlation of construction drawings and review production drawings and specifications.
- 7+ years of project experience within an architecture and interior design practice (preferably Workplace, Multi Family and Hospitality).
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, MS Office, Bluebeam Revu, and Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator).
- General knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in an architectural office is required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong organizational and time management capability.
- Excel in collaboration and team building.
- Demonstrated ability to work on and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
BDG Architects offers a comprehensive benefit package with options for health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, annual bonuses, and the ability to participate in a 401K program. We also offer paid holidays and paid personal time off. Our Birmingham office is located in the heart of Downtown Birmingham. If you are interested in being a part of this dynamic growing firm please submit your letter of interest, resume and work samples in pdf format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.