BDG Architects has an immediate need for a talented, creative, and motivated individual to work as an Architecture Associate under the direct supervision of a studio team leader. The role will be based out our downtown Birmingham, AL office. A minimum of 2 years of experience is preferred. Project types will include Mixed-Use, Multi-Family, Hospitality, Restaurants, Retail, Banking, and more
Roles and Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to the following:
- Participate in the development of functional, sustainable and client inspired designs.
- Focus on all phases of the design process including schematics, design development, and delivery of construction documents.
- Assist with construction administration tasks including construction site visits, submittal, and RFI reviews.
- Perform specific/limited portions of assignments using prescribed methods for a variety of architectural projects under the general supervision of a senior licensed architect.
- Create renderings for projects utilizing Revit.
- Project types will be focused on financial service clients to start, and eventually include other projects for workplace, healthcare, and municipal clients.
Desired Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Education: Completion of professional architecture degree program
- AXP: Completion of your AXP hours is desired, but not required. If you have not yet completed your AXP hours, you should be actively engaged in the process of completing. BDG will assist you in obtaining the hour categories necessary to complete your AXP.
- Licensure: Professional licensure is desired, but not required. If you are not yet licensed, you should be actively engaged in the process of completing.
- Proficient in Revit, Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Knowledge of 3dsmax and/or Enscape is a plus, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and professionally with other team members and accept direction to reach common goals for successful outcomes.
- Demonstrate excellence in collaboration and team building.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask effectively
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Values accuracy and thoroughness in all work with strict and careful attention to detail
- Self-starter who takes ownership of tasks and projects
- Completion of professional architecture degree program
BDG Architects offers a comprehensive benefit package with options for health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance and the ability to participate in a 401K program. We also offer paid holidays and paid personal time off. Our Birmingham office is located in the heart of Downtown Birmingham. If you are interested in being a part of this dynamic growing firm please submit your letter of interest, resume and work samples in pdf format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.