BDG Architects has an immediate need for a talented, creative, and motivated Project Architect. This is a full-time position that will be based out of our Tampa, FL office. A minimum of 15 years of experience and license to practice architecture within an NCARB jurisdiction of the United States is required. Project types will include Multi-Family, Hospitality/Restaurants, Office / Industrial, Retail, Banking / Financial Services, Healthcare, Education. Duties/Responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for project management to ensure projects are completed on time, are within budget, of high quality and fulfill client expectations.
- Maintain communication with the project team, the Principal-in-Charge and operations management.
- Establish and improve project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards.
- Coordinate and track project budgets and schedules.
- Assist in preparation of fee proposals and agreements with the owner and consultants.
- Manage and oversee work of project team and provide direction and organization.
- Ensure efficient project delivery and quality from programming through project closeout.
- Coordinate monthly billing with accounting department.
- Act as primary client contact for specific projects, ensure client development and satisfaction and assist to secure ongoing work.
- Supervise and manage work of project team members to provide direction, organization, and quality control reviews.
- Manage and assist with work on all phases of various architectural projects including design development, preparation of presentation drawings and specifications, design review, coordination and correlation of construction drawings and review production drawings and specifications.
- Act as peer client contact to assist in development of and ensure implementation of client established processes and procedures. The Program Architect must also write reports to keep the client informed about the status of the overall program and specific projects.
- Support supervision of production staff, and assist in establishing training activities.
- General knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in an architectural office is required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong organizational and time management capability.
- Excel in collaboration and team building.
- Strategic thinking to address issues and new concepts in design, production of documents, and development of detailing
- Demonstrated ability to work on and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must be proficient in software applications including AutoCAD Architecture, Revit, Sketch-Up, Microsoft Office.
- Completion of professional architecture degree program
BDG Architects offers a comprehensive benefit package with options for health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, annual performance bonuses, and the ability to participate in a 401K program. We also offer paid holidays and paid personal time off.
BDG Architects is a full-service architecture and design firm with its Headquarters in Tampa, Florida with Southeast Regional Offices in Jacksonville, Florida, Birmingham, Alabama and Charlotte, North Carolina with over 25 years of experience throughout the United States. We have built our reputation as being on the leading edge of our industry through design excellence, building lasting relationships, and delivering high value to our clients. BDG understands that each client has a unique set of business strategies, which we focus our services to support, creating a true partnership. Our projects are extremely diverse in terms of project type, design styles, practice areas and scale. Additional information about the firm can be found at www.BDGLLP.com
If you are interested in being a part of this dynamic growing firm submit your letter of interest, resume and work samples in pdf format via email through our website. Please, no phone calls.