BDG Architects has an immediate need for a Project Manager to work with our Program Studio for a national client portfolio. This is a remote position that will be based out of Richmond, VA and will require frequent travel to the client’s job sites throughout the VA region. BDG Architects offers a comprehensive benefit package including options for health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, the ability to participate in a 401K program and paid parking. We also offer paid holidays and paid personal time off.
- Be responsible for project management to ensure projects are completed on time, are within budget, of high quality and fulfill client expectations.
- Maintain communication with the project team, the Principal-in-Charge and operations management.
- Establish and improve project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards.
- Coordinate and track project budgets and schedules.
- Frequent travel to the client’s job sites will be required.
- Assist in preparation of fee proposals and agreements with the owner and consultants.
- Manage and oversee work of project team and provide direction and organization.
- Ensure efficient project delivery and quality from programming through project closeout.
- Coordinate monthly billing with accounting department.
- Act as primary client contact for specific projects, ensure client development and satisfaction and assist to secure ongoing work.
- Manage and assist with work on all phases of various architectural projects.
- Act as peer client contact to assist in development of and ensure implementation of client established processes and procedures.
- Write reports to keep the client informed about the status of specific projects.
- Established reputation as a leader of project teams.
- General knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in an architectural office is required.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong organizational and time management capability.
- Excel in collaboration and team building.
- Strategic thinking to address issues and new concepts in design, production of documents, and development of detailing.
- Demonstrated ability to work on and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- 5+ years of construction project management experience. Retail bank construction project management experience is helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field. Equivalent experience to be considered.
If you are interested in being a part of this dynamic growing firm please should submit your letter of interest, resume and work samples in pdf format via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.